Monday, March 5, 2012

Ask any of my friends; it's best not to get me started on certain people or things I'm passionate about.  Case in point: Leonard Cohen.  I have every DVD, CD and book available on or by him; yes, I was on the waiting list for 6 months for his latest one, Old Ideas.  My friend Lauren Salzman reblogged an article from New Yorker on his new release. I love her blog.  http://juanasadiccion.tumblr.com/page/2
  
Four years ago, he had just begun his first tour in over 15 years.  My friend, Pam Cooley, another big Leonard fan, notified me of this exciting news.  Pam's brother, Charlie Cooley, an exceptional Canadian drummer, actually was in the band with Leonard for some televised performances.  He secured us outrageously good tickets in a beautiful theater in Kitchener, Canada just outside of Toronto.  A HIGHLIGHT of my life!  I cried when Leonard walked out on stage...

I have a habit of falling in love with people for their extraordinary expression, deciding I MUST see them or meet them somehow, only to discover they recently left their bodies and this option is no longer available.  I'm not kidding.  This happened with Edgar Cayce, Ayn Rand, Frank McCourt - just to name a few.  I was thrilled to have that NOT be the case with either the Dalai Lama or Leonard Cohen.  So were they, I bet.  Coleman Barks is next - planning for the upcoming summer.  I can't meet Rumi, but Coleman, yes.

Today I'm sharing one of my big favorites of Leonard's on YouTube for all of you romantic souls who "love to love" as Bette Midler said in The Rose...I promise you'll enjoy it.  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment