Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jesus is resting up...

I was raised in the Lutheran religion.  I went to Lutheran church and school (grades K-8), and my father was superintendent of the Sunday School.  Yet I always felt much closer to God when I was outside - in the beauty and wonder of Nature.  Of creation.  I still do.  Some don't believe in God, and have very good arguments for their belief.  I can't seem to make that work for me, even when I've tried. But I do, now, agree with what my mentor Keith Raniere has said regarding this question:  "Whether I believe in God or not, I would live my life the same way."

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday.   I felt this poem of Rumi's, a poem of ecstasy and love was one well-suited for Easter.  I hope you enjoy it, too.

Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.

by Shahram Shiva 

No comments:

Post a Comment